Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday at the Farm


It is a slow day. Yesterday was a day of activity: Bread baking and lamb shank roasting along with some long walks and garden finessing. I planted a row of peas last weekend and I hope to plant some potatoes today.


We have been eating chard and spinach from the cold frame as well as the kale that over wintered and some carrots I planted in the garden and then forgot about. The carrots are good although they are a little watery tasting. Not as good as when they are first planted. The chives are up, and I have been mixing them in with my French bread recipe, making a tasty bread loaf with lots of green bits. We have been eating young mint leaves for a couple of weeks, mostly putting it in our morning cup of coffee. I can't wait for more fresh garden produce.


The garden is calling ... soon.

No comments: