Monday, May 11, 2009

White Hawk

I had good weather all weekend, so I worked in the garden. I found a part of a robin's egg nestled in the garlic patch. It was such a wonderful shade of blue. The lilacs are out now, and their scent kept wafting towards me as I planted.

Throughout the weekend, I noticed this white hawk flying over the garden. I imagine the garden must have been on its flightpath. I think it must have been trying to get at the songbirds in the nearby trees.

It was an amazing hawk. Its colour is diffcult to describe. It was, as I said, white, but a kind of chalky white--like it had been carved out of marble and then aged for centuries. That kind of white. If that makes sense?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the spot in the sky, where it was yesterday
- a hawk

- apologies to Buson