Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chic-a-dee Quilt II



I have been finessing an old Kenmore sewing machine. It is a grand old machine, but I realized that it needed some work. I ordered a couple of new parts (a bobbin ring and a belt) and I have to buy some machine oil. I have decided to wait until I get the oil before I fire it up again.

Phase II
The best part is this machine still has a manual. And it has a lifetime warranty which Simpson Sears no longer honours. I read somewhere that the Sears brand is in trouble, which is a little sad. The big store in downtown Vancouver closed down.

However, the old Kenmore machine is still going strong. I was happily surprised to find there were parts for old sewing machines. I found the parts in an online store http://shop.SEW-CLASSIC.COM.

 

No comments: